- Make lists on Twitter from keyword searches and # updates. Save your lists as columns in Tweetdeck or Hootsuite etc so when you are blogging on that niche you can check in on what’s new.
- Google alerts are really handy for having the main news from keywords emailed to you. Set a few up, and you will get an email ping when your subject has an update.
- When you find blogs on your niche that you subscribe too, set them up in Feedly or a similar RSS reader under your category so you can check in when you need to.
- Use smart folders in your email client (I use Gmail smart folders from Labs to organise mine), so any RSS subscriptions from particular feeds get filed for when you need them.
- Make friends with PR’s in your niche so they can send you any info that might be relevant.
- Use a #bloggerrequest hashtag on Twitter to alert people that you are searching for information or case studies.
My work is about helping people work in smarter, creative ways + getting their message out to the world via killer content—blogs, copy, images + social. I am a designer, writer, blogger, mentor, author, creativity addict + prolific geek. You could call it a portfolio career of multi-potential multi-passions. I call it being me.
Work with me, Shop with me, and Chat with me!